First Meeting of 2019

We are posting this on January 1st, on the first Tuesday of the year, never mind the month.  Whereas most months we meet on first Tuesdays, this month we will meet on the second Tuesday, the 8th.  Our feature presentation will be given by OWA member Igor Vasilenko, who is busy establishing a career for himself as a woodworker.  The topics will be shapers and his new shop.

Here, in his own words, is an overview of his presentation:
In my presentation on shapers, we will go over a few of the basics that involve choosing and using a shaper, and also take a look at the tooling and accessories that can make our shaper do more for us and our workshops.  I’ll also explain why I chose the shaper that I use in my shop daily, and show you some of the benefits that have come from having a shaper set up in my workshop.  I will bring with me some examples of shaper tooling that I own, and show some of the pros and cons of each type of setup.

Along with that, there will be the usual Show-and-Tell, a Fifty-Fifty draw, and maybe even some club announcements from the officers.  Oh, and Ken will be sporting a new tan.

As ever, it's the basement of Bethany Baptist Church at the intersection of Baseline and Centrepointe, 7 PM, set-up starts around 6:30.  Don't forget your dry indoor footwear.

Happy New Year everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ottawa's Alex Low on Boat Building

Jack Forsberg Unplugged on First Tuesday in October

Season Launch: Tuesday 13th September